View Single Post
Old April 10, 2005, 10:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubayed
Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
In terms of language?? Which language youre talking about? Urdu/Hindi, right? I wonder what makes you think that our cricketers have more profound knowledge in Urdu rather than English(unless they have been watching lotsa crappy hindi films lately). The thought of knowing Urdu better than English for a Bangladeshi is a reflection of a "stoop down" mindset, IMHO.
Forget getting Wasim Akram as our next coach simply because Dave hasnt left us yet. My question to u is what makes u think that they dont know more about Hindi/Urdu than English? Ofcourse most of our cricketers have better knowledge on Hindi or Urdu than English. Now dont ask me why? If u havent realized it yet then its about time. Beside i really wonder why is, "the thought of knowing Urdu better than English for a Bangladeshi is a reflection of a "stoop down" mindset"? Seems like u have problems with Bangladeshi people knowing Hindi or Urdu.
I think that hiring a "deshi" coach is NOT teh way to go because of the possibility of ill-feeling and complexities. An aussie/pommie/non-deshi coach is a better way to go because they are like "outsiders", politically speaking, and secondly non-deshi coaches from successful Test nations (namely Australia) have a proven track-record as players, and are more likely to transfer the winnning formula to the BD team than a coach from a sub-standard deshi team (relatively speaking, of course).