Thread: Spin Pipeline
View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

That would be very useful. Having Rafique mentor young spinners-he used to do that even while playing, i bet Shakib and Razzak will bear testimony to that. I read BCB wants to have batting, pace bowling, spin bowling and fielding coaches at academy working with RM. Good opportunity to involve guys like Rafique working under RM.

Btw one area where i hope our SLA's work on is their variation. Most of our SLA's are content just bowling the orthodox delivery. They will probably vary the flight, length, line. Their stock delivery will be the arm ball. This works ok in ODI's, test match cricket. But to do well in T20's and to be more effective in ODI's they need to have a bit more. Rangana Herath (Who imo is one of the best SLA's in the world atm) for example is probably the only SLA who can bowl the doosra (One that spins towards the right hander) at will. Herath also has an effective carrom ball. He combines these deliveries with his orthodox spin, variation in flight, arm ball. Very effective and hard to pick.