Old October 5, 2005, 12:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
Quote:
Originally posted by mafizraju
Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
No profit, this is a non-profit website/organization.

I think you are missing the point what most members are making. Asking for more money is ok. but always asking for money is not ok. There is a difference between an ambitious person and a greedy person.

Sadly our favorite player has turned greedy

I think we are missing the point. If somebody doesnot do voluntery work or charity does no way means he is a bad person or a greedy person. And ne ways we all do charities at different capacities. no body in this world could ever say that they dont or havenot done charity at all. so if a person doesnot want to do a particular charity may very well piss that respective charity organisation but in no way he is greedy. Remember back in high school, or college we wanted to do functions which will be not for profit but we still had to pay for so many things to have the function ready. if ne body has provided ne service for free was due to their greatness or for any long term profit ... but that does no way mean that the ppl who did not take part in to that funtion are bad.

And just to let Mahmud know that even a non profit organisation has to pay or spend money (whatever form it is whether salary or operating cost) to keep the organisation running.
I didn't give the exact detail of how he asked for the money or how we approached him. But trust me, it was not expected from him. Have faith just like you can figure out a person is greedy or not by talking to them, we can too.

By the way, let me make it clear, so far, since the birth of BanglaCricket, no one ever got paid from BanglaCricket, not even me or Tehsin. Every penny BC makes is well accounted for. Any and every BC staff has full access to the latest accounting of BC to see where money came from and where it is spent. So far the only place any money was spent is hosting/server cost.
never meant to imply that you are not accountable neither I tried to question ur devotion or the devotion of so many members of this site.

However its very common Bangladeshi practice of making somebody Hero and next day asking for his head if he comes short of our expectation. We tend to forget that human are fallible and heros are more so.