View Single Post
Old September 8, 2017, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
On a serious note, I don't think a draw is really amazing, against teams such as Australia who have a dismal record in the subcontinent you have to at least win the series or get a clean sweep. In retrospect, I personally feel that we gained nothing from it, yet some of you are happy with mediocrity that we managed to draw the series, against a team which has one of the poorest subcont records ever. I don't want to sound like a spoilsport, but ask yourself what we really achieved in this series, our batting order is in absolute shambles, players like Mominul are shifted around cluelessly in the batting order once batting at 3 and then batting at 7,the top order sometimes barring Tamim fall like a stack of bricks in tests, players like Soumya who have no temperament are riding along, getting free passes with the team .

In a technical perspective, Bangladesh only won the first test due to the benefits of the pitch at Dhaka, players like Mehedi Hasan Miraz are absolutely clueless if there is not a hint of turn or bounce on the pitch. Most embarrassingly, spinners like Lyon outperformed BDeshi's spinners, even though Lyon struggles to make it into the test side at home.

Ultimately there is nothing amazing about drawing a series against a team, that is by definition utterly garbage in the subcontinent, Sri Lanka even managed to win, India also managed to win the series, yet we can't, ironically the hapless BD media and fans are happy with a draw.
Bcb is happy and distributed 2 crore bonus