View Single Post
Old October 20, 2011, 10:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

When did Pilot hit the six? Didn't find it there. I was revisiting BD during '96 crazy time. You were the people who threw "rong"? Or was it "asdfjkl"? Need to be punished for those crimes with roshgolla and chomchom. I remember there were no white cars in Dhaka the next day. All pink, and other colors. Only the ones didn't go out in the streets were spared.

The victory over Kenya was over the top. I remember of lisening through the car radio.
It wasn't in the original article. But that shot initiated my love for BD cricket. Shehwar's bhai article is truly amazing. I kinda got emotional reading few lines.

I remember hearing Pilot's six in the radio live. The rest of the time, I was imagining the shot and recreating the six in my head. Finally I saw it on TV later. Boy!! That was amazing. And Shanto's run after he scored the last run. The whole BD team ran into the fields with Greenidge and Saber Chowdhury. The stadium erupted and I sat in disbelief at hundreds of miles away in my little room in Mirpur.