View Single Post
Old April 11, 2015, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I don't need to understand. Why should I? How many years he is at the helm? What was the promise made when he took office? What youth program does he have? How has he united other metros to Dhaka? What infra structure did he create so that when he leaves we would still get boys with higher quality?
+++
As for FIFA ranking bull crap... we are talking about Bhutan here. Resources #facepalm.
+++
I am from the time when Thailand NATIONAL team lost to us 4-0. Now, their 2nd division club team will kick our rear. I am from the time when Abahani beat Maldives best club team 9-0 or was it 10-0? Their national team was full of that club team players. Now you tell me if I have a reason to fume at Salauddin?
This has more to do with National interest shifting towards cricket than football. I remember in 1998, there is a documentary in BTV titled "coffeenbondhi football"(Football inside a coffin), now this was 17 years ago. Imagine the state of football in Bangladesh now. Bangladeshi youth in general prefer cricket than football, although some like Shakib-al Hasan prefer both.