View Single Post
Old November 29, 2012, 11:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I hope this isn't the sort of false confidence attempting to mask deeply embedded insecurities and performance anxiety we see amongst so many of our ignorant youth pretty much clueless about the world they live in.

Best batsman in the world? Really? He's in for a rude awakening then. This lack of humility bothers me. Maybe this came across the wrong way in the print media, but for a local NCL hero not be excited about representing his country is an effing shame.
I don't think he said anything about being the best batsman in the world. Also I'm sure he's very excited about being in the national team but he's just stating that he's not going to just settle for the national team. He wants to go beyond that.

To me that's a great attitude to have. I could be wrong here but it seems the younger players such as Nasir, Bijoy, Mominul, Raju, and Taskin are more driven than our previous generations. Our previous generations seemed to just settle for the national team where the younger guys are aiming higher. Well it remains to be seen as to how they respond. Our 19/20 year old generation are extremely important to our success. We're still a #9 team and need more quality in order to become a better team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)