View Single Post
Old March 22, 2006, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

I have sent an e-mail to channeli.The msg is very much gentle considering that channeli recieved few tough e-mails but still no impact on them! Anyway the mail is as follows:

Dear Sir

I am a follower of Bangladesh cricket.During this Kenya tour of Bangladesh Channeli took an excellent initiative to telecast all those matches against the Kenyans. And I believe hundreds of us are keeping their eyes on the television.

But unfortunately the channeli commentary has made all of our joy into sadness. I would like to attract your attentions in the following points:

1.You have got only 3 commentators available during the match time and three of them speaks a t the same time when a wicket falls, when a four is hit by the batsman. And when every one speaks loudly at the same time then can you imagine how we feel?

2.The main jobs of tv commentators are to explain the game clearly to the viewers, to make the game lively, to excite people with the match feeling. But channel i commentators have failed to do so incredibly.

3.When a match is in progress the commentators should concentrate on the game itself not on anything else! But what we see is totally vice versa here! All of them seemed to be very busy with their own comments, simply they were not in the game. When 3 people sit together and try to commentate on something then the situation must worsens. Everyone has to remember this is not the place to discuss something among few people. You have to assist the viewers to enjoy the match with your expert analysis. But unfortunately there are no experts in your commentary panel except Raqibul Hasan. Although you could employ some former cricketers in this job not Shuvro Deb!!

4.We all believe that you have mixed everything up here. Commentary should be done live from the ground not from the studio. All right we understand that you might have some problems to do that but still they can do the commentary from the studio by creating real match environment. I mentioned above by commentating in pairs not by group! And you can invite celebrities in your post match discussion with the host. But you cannot bring a celebrity into your commentary panel. Once Raqibul Hasan asked about Shuvro Deb's point of view, which was amusing to everyone. So please don't mix everything up.Leave two commentators alone to commentate, then another two can do the job.

None of us are against the bangla commentary but it should be in a professional way otherwise you are neglecting the viewers and in the end of the day they are your customer.

To get an impression of cricket fans resentment on channeli please click here http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d=16725&page=1 and here as well http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon....php?tid=16889

Also I have attached a commedy created by one of the cricket fans.

We hope you will do something to save us from this irritating commentary from the next match.

Thanks a lot.

A bangladeshi cricket fan and Banglacricket.com member.

Edited on, March 22, 2006, 8:56 PM GMT, by sherlockhomes.

Edited on, March 22, 2006, 8:57 PM GMT, by sherlockhomes.