View Single Post
Old June 14, 2014, 12:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Boy, was I ever wrong about the Holland-Spain game! Not a war of attrition at all because the Dutch simply didn't allow Spain to carry on with their negative, tiki-taka faizlami. They were physical and strong on the ball, and pacy enough to expose and penetrate the rattled defensive structure Spain simply could hold together. The score could easily have been 7-1 or 8-1. Unless they're peaking too soon, impossible to tell so soon, they're likely to go far with this kind of positive approach.

Chile was simply the superior side technically and tactically, but give the Aussies an "A" for effort. Sadly that kind of effort doesn't show up in your transcript unless you're Australian. I think we'll see two more "A"s like this before they go back down under with three defeats.

Holland, Chile and Spain all have the chance to finish 1-2 and move into the next round but only two can. I'd love to see Chile as one of those teams but that may not happen.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 14, 2014 at 10:57 AM..