View Single Post
Old October 12, 2014, 02:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Man, it's infuriating when a non-call with seconds left determines the adverse outcome of a game you should've won! Then again, we shouldn't have put ourselves in a position to lose. George Malik sums things up well, as usual.

Quote:
The good: the Red Wings rallied from another 1-0 deficit, Jimmy Howard steadied himself after giving up a poor goal and the Red Wings were all of 24 seconds from taking the Ducks to overtime via out-shooting, out-hustling and out-working a mean, nasty Anaheim team.

The bad: with 27 seconds left in the game, Ryan Getzlaf very blatantly hooked/tripped Niklas Kronwall, skated toward the net, and as Jonthan Ericsson, who had a terrible game, stood and watched (and forced Howard to remain in his crease), Getzlaf roofed it.

No call. Ducks win 3-2, Babcock stands at the end of the bench after the game and the refs refuse to talk to him. Textbook hooking penalty yields a goal, negates a staggeringly good performance by Gustav Nyquist, Kyle Quincey of all people and what was at least a make-up-for-his-awful-stickhandling performance by Howard.

I don't know what to say here. I did quite a bit of swearing on Twitter that I don't regret, and I have absolutely no respect for that asshat baldy Getzlaf, Underwear Model Kesler or Corey "The Gimp" Perry, nor the chicken-**** game the Ducks play.

LINK
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)