View Single Post
Old November 25, 2008, 09:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

i have to agree with razab bhai whole heartedly here regarding DW and BD national.

the way i feel is that the DW's success will indeed bring positive/competitive/pro 20/20 effect in BD cricket environment, no doubt, but com'on it is the bangladesh national team's action/success/failure that will effect BD's relationship with int'l cricket, test status etc.

dear bhais, the both are important and they both are dear to us....many of the DW stars once wore tigers' jersey with smile and pride...many of our current national team members may someday very well be playing for DW, what's so strange or new about that. today, DW beat icl indian XI in icl 20/20, that is indeed a great news of joy for all of us, and tomorrow morning when our national team crumbles facing steyn and nitni in a 5 days-4 innings-test match it's indeed a problem for all of us! but you and i we all know you can't interchange them and expect or imagine DW to beat or even dent south africa and likewise the current tigers would be beaten by any icl team day in and day out is also a very ridiculous thought! we all know where our current limit is. we simply need all of these program (tigers, DW, a-team, academy, u-19, women's national, u-17, u-15, school) to work, simultaneously, they all are us and we are all them! i am and will always be very proud of the dhaka warriors but i know it's the tigers any little most success in tests or ODIs that i would have to reserve my hard prayers, tears and hope! because to me, if DW disappears, a joyfilled memory/say an organ in the body, a kidney will be missing, but if tomorrow the BD national team disappears from world cricket, cricket will disappear from my life....i have got my priority straight....!