View Single Post
Old April 22, 2014, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I still don't know how we won the game. I mean its not exactly the right recipe to be behind 1-3 and win ( exact same thing in game 1 ). But, they did it, and for the first time I can say that we really turned it on from second period on. It was an onslaught on Bob and when Pens are in sync and firing, they are a beautiful sight to see. And, we played playoff style. Cycled with speed, short crisp passing to enter the zone, dump it with speed if denied entry and retrieve, throw it back to point then screen the goalie. Only if they do it all the time. Total bi polar hockey team. 3 goals in 2 + min span just doesn't happen. BJ's sat too much on the lead and trapped us. But, in the process, they gave up the neutral zone and backed up too much, which let us in scott free with speed.

Both Dallas and Wild did what they had to do to stay relevant. I am so impressed with Avs squad. Man, they have some young studs and perfect coach in Roy to shape them ( just as we had with MT when our squad was young ).