View Single Post
Old August 5, 2012, 10:55 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
How are we doing with the list of players to be drafted Dilscoop? Although the draft itself must be started at the same time for all teams, publishing the list now will help us sort through 500 of names, not to mention their T20 stats in context, and strategize. That will make the draft go faster and allow for more time for preseason trades before the first ball is bowled. I don't think 500 names are necessary at all for 16 teams. BTW, you have to inform us of the final roster size of each team before we do any of that.

Also, please personally request RazabQ and Al Furqaan to pick up the remaining teams right away. Their knowledge and strategic creativity will greatly enhance the quality of the league. Too bad Beamer and Leafs_Pwn are missing out on the first season. Both are good strategists. Maybe you can send out personal requests to each one of them also. We have very good GMs so far MashAllah and let us keep it that way. Just one unpleasant, trolling, ignorant and rotten apple can spoil the barrel. Please keep that in mind before approving a new GM.

BTW, I got Apple as my second local sponsor.
I PMed ALF and L_P. LP is not active atm. But I don't think ALF is interested, as he is active, but never responded to my PM. RazzabQ, I did not invite him. I didn't think he would be interested in these sort of thing. But now that you say it, I'll drop him a VM/PM.

Yes, good to see very high class members signing up as managers. I'm happy with ALL the GMs so far. And not to mention the likes of you, ATMR, Z took this league to a whole new level, and I'm very pleased to have you ALL in MLC. And when I did invite people I only invited the "high class" members. So far most of them accepted (Moc, TE, KP). I invited BK to lighten things up, but I really need him to tighten up when it's all business. I just need some of you the GMs to read the instructions a little more carefully and follow the steps to make all of our lives easier.

About the players list. As I said, I'm afraid to post the whole list yet. It's a massacre waiting to happen! I wasn't gonna post the hiring coaches/staffs portion yet either. But I did, and looks like not everyone was ready yet! I'll post the official list once I have 16 managers all on the same page. Waiting on Isnaad, Tonoy, Manager 15, Manager 16. (KP have to approve my hires for his team)

But here is a "cheat code:" visit the country pages on CI (including assos.), check the tab "all contracted players." Those will defo be on the list. Check the other T20 leagues from around the world (which are DEAD atm thanks to MLC) and check their top scorers/wicket takers.

That should help. I suggest you guys follow SNR to the CI page and check them out, strategize.