View Single Post
Old May 22, 2008, 09:28 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I don't know how we managed but we did. Chelsea outplayed us in the second half. They hit two bars. We were reeling all game. However, we could have been up 3-0 in the first half, if not for Cech. Terry also saved a sure goal from Giggs. I must say, luck was with United, but we will take it. Double achieved. Looking ahead to next year, I feel like Man U needs to beef up their striker reserves. They are a bit too depended on Ronaldo ( please..no more tricks on penalty ) . Enjoy United fans..

United had 5 shots on goal to Chelsea's 1, which they scored. We should have put the game to bed in the first half but it wasn't to be. When Chelsea scored, also with a bit luck with two deflections and a slip from VDS, they got confident because they knew they should have been 3-0 down, and United vice-versa. Their two best chances were the ones that came off the post/bar, but ours were on target only to be denied some great goalkeeping and defending by Terry. If you look at the match stats, we were overall better and we deserved a bit of luck. It was fate that we won the UCL/EPL double for playing football the right way throughout the season and it's a fitting tribute to the 50th anniversary of the Munich disaster.