View Single Post
Old October 6, 2013, 08:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Simon Doull during a WI/NZ Test match stated that a WI/NZ player should get a run of 10-12 Test matches before getting thrown out completely from the side because the adjustment from their FC domestics to Tests is a big adjustment.

Now think about us. I doubt our FC domestics is any better than. NZ or WI. I'd say it's worse. Especially compared to NZ. So I agree, we gotta give players time before we chuck them out. So the likes of Marshall, Anamul, and Mominul should be in or around the side and be given a run.
assuming the selectors pick the correct players then yes, of course who the right players are is subjective, nazimuddin has a great domestic FC record and even scored some runs in his limited test experience but he was the wrong selection (i think almost all would agree) and he got axed quite quickly in tests despite scoring some runs. hopefully for the most part they do pick the right players. similar thing should probably happen for the A team, especially with the really young players (not so much with the older ones).

i actually think it is good that they've pretty much made it clear that marshall is in line for the #3 spot, so now marshall knows that's going to be his spot, hopefully they don't shuffle him around the order so he can get a good feel and adjust to test level and the #3 spot. also by saying marshall is in line for #3 they are pretty much telling anamul we are pushing you as an opener so he also knows what his role is to be, it's also telling naeem and mominul to prepare for the #4 position.

it seems that they are managing the batsmen quite well atm, for the bowlers i think it's pretty obvious robiul is considered as the spearhead of the attack and rightly so at this point. if sohag does play they are sending the message that he is the first pick spinner (considering shakib as an all rounder).