View Single Post
Old October 9, 2011, 07:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Great team combination, if you include Nazmul and Elias. I also hope Alok, Shakib, Asshraful shines... They do have the ability to trounce WI side. However, seeing how players like Chris Gayle flopped yesterday when it mattered the most, I do feel worried that Alok may be impacted if he doesnt perform on 11th. Unfortunatley, I dont think our board has the patience with Alok, Jahirul, Sajidul, Robin, Dhiman, Rasel like players.. and especially for Alok, who will be chopped immediately if he doesnt perform and score more than 30 runs( apparently that's our standard)..
Time and again Alok has proved that T20 is his "thing". It would be very unwise to play him for a match or two in between and chop him immediately after poor show. He should be given an extended run in T20s.

As far as ODIs are concerned, We going to need someone to take care of the powerplays. And i think Alok and nasir makes a deadly pair for that 5 overs. We have to wait and see if Alok can carry his T20 goodness to ODIs as well, given that he is performing in T20s. If he is not, we have other options.

what I would hate most though is having to see Mahmudullah and Naeem coming out to bat during the 35-40 over powerplay. It would be downright stupid.