View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 07:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Well may be current selection committee looking a bit defensive but i think their team selection is ok. Nazimuddin was the last test opener for BD. His performance was not too bad. Do we have any replacement? In that case he deserve another chance. In #3 SN is ok. In last 4 test he scored 232 runs wit an average of 29. So he deserve to be in the team. Only thing that can be mentioned here is inclusion of Zunaid over Mominul. I was expecting Mominul there. But experience said in fever of Zunaid in this vulnerable top order.
Regarding Riyad, In test cricket he is not a bad test batsman. May be he is not in form. In that case droping him is not a good idea. We need to stop this in and out game.
Overall i am happy with the team. Though its only for one test still I ll mis Mominul. Though i did not find a space to locate him.
As I said earlier, we played last test almost one year back. Nazimuddin didn't do anything since then. Same goes true for SN. SN went to India and what did he do? What did Nazimuddin and SN do in last few FC matches?

Riyad is a player who scores only when the game is already lost and the opponents are not putting high intensity pressure. Yet what was his performance in last few tests and FC matches?

What did Abul do to get a spot in the team?

Defensive mindset would get us nowhere.