View Single Post
Old November 23, 2007, 11:23 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
Miraz bro i am not saying or trying to mean that seniors should not be given chances or never can get into the team. if they are performing obviously they are most welcome. but the thing i wanted to precise was, Naimur Rahman talked about all the seniors mentioning their expriences and suddenly he was try to miss Rafique out saying that there are back-ups for him. and in the meanwhile, he didn't get any chances what we can talk about during he was captain. but after Durjoy era, when Rafique came into the team, he has showed that how much worthy he is! is this a coincident or what? i don't know.
I don't find anything wrong with Durjoy's wordings.

He simply uttered the truth. We don't have any established backup for Habibul Bashar who can score consistently at Test level like Habibul did for most part of his career. And that's why he haven't named anyone as backup for Habibul. Hopefully we will find someone soon.

We have two realistic back-ups for Rafiq in Razzak and Enamul Jr. He was more optimistic about Razzak. On Khaled Mashud Issue he was keen on Mushfiqur Rahim and was expecting that Mushfiq will effectively replace Khaled Mashud.

I don't find anything suspicious about his vision on Rafiq and his potential successors.

May be it's a question of looking into a same statement from different perspectives.