View Single Post
Old November 22, 2007, 05:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Naimur Rahman: We need a blend of experience and youth, especially in Test cricket. As long as the seniors are physically fit and performing, they will be always considered for selection. Players like Habibul Bashar and Khaled Masud are still required in the Bangladesh team; we should not forget their past contributions on account of their failures in one or two series. At the same time we have to groom their successors as no one can play for an indefinite period. We have good back-ups for Rafique in Enamul Junior and Md. Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim is slow gaining experience to replace Khaled Masud.
It's pretty funny..huh! i think Rafique didn't do any thing less than Habibul since Rafique came to the team or Pilot. During Naimur was captain, Rafique wasn't in the team and after that when he came into the team he showed his class and now again Naimur is one of the selectors and saying we have back-ups for him. but for Habibul and Pilot, there is no back-ups i guess and expreience is the main thing. i wanna say if Rajin got the chances for those matches(i should say like lasr 35 matches of Bashar, in together of ODI&TEST) Bashar couldn't do anything, Rajin could play 4/5 good inningses. and Mushfiq, i don't wanna say anything about him. I CAN BET THAT IF PILOT IS GONNA GIVE THE CHANCE TO NZ, HE IS GONNA FAIL AGAIN AND AGAIN. Pilot is a good defensive player we know that. but Mushfiq is far more technical batsman. And bashar? may be he has some really good scores but anyone can tell me from their heart that you like the way he stands on the pitch? or the way he swings his bat? or the way he runs/walks? Everybody can remember that the match against ENGLAND in this WC. what he did and how did he run out? i don't know about others but Rafique not gonna get chances again i guess and believe me, if seniors gonna get chance again in the team, it's gonna be worst like previous senarios. in fact we have only 3/4 senior players left.

last question, didn't he say anything about Monju or Tapash? are they gonna get chances too? cause they are seniors and they had like some seriously worst expreiences.