View Single Post
Old April 29, 2009, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I would not suggest any of the ICL players to throw away their contracts. The BCCI proposal seems to be a trap and it is even harder for our players. Even we fans are calling for their heads and you can easily understand how unprofessionally the BCB officials will behave on their ego.
Agreed. It should be noted that ICL and players who signed up with ICL never did anything unprofessional or illegal (i'm talking about signing and not comments that were made afterwards). ICL never looked to prevent players from international cricket and followed all proper procedure to be recognized officially by the ICC.

I think the Dhaka Warriors should wait out to see if the October tournament goes through or not. Imagine next years IPL when the PAK players are back. How many foreign players do you think will get to play?

I think with the prospect of the American Cricket League and if ICL picks back up from the recessions we may eventually have a rival to ICC itself that can provide additional entertaining cricket.

Bangladesh gets little respect as it is from the ICC and if a 'Bangladeshi' team is represented in another league (ICL, APL whatever) I will follow and spend my money on it.

I would recommend that ICL expand with teams like ICL Africa, ICL Oceania and ICL Europe (sign Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, Netherlands players etc.) and make their event a truly global event.