View Single Post
Old November 20, 2013, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Let's pick a team that can win. Let's not confuse players suitable from other formats and hope they will work here. This is a different format and the selectors have shown how lazy they are by choosing the same team in tests, odis and then t20s. This is my squad,

1. Tamim
2. Shuvo
3. Mushfique
4. Shakib
5. Shabbir
6. Mahmudullah
7. Nasir
8. Zia
9. Mashrafe
10. Gazi
11. Rubel

I will go with this squad exactly. Tamim, Mushfique and Shakib will provide stability at the top order, Anamul is a hit or miss at this moment, I will opt for a better batsman that is shamsu. I think with Shabbir, Mahmudullah and Nasir it is an explosive middle order. We can expect about 70 runs off 10 overs from them easily. With Zia, Gazi and Mashrafe the lower middle order is one to envy for really.

The bowling department would look so much better with Taskin around, but I feel it will be a huge pressure to debut infront of the home crowd that too in the world cup. I will go with Rubel for now, not the only weak link mind you. Mashrafe in death overs is an open invitation for runs. The only positive thing in bowling is Shakib and maybe Gazi. But we need 5 of the best t20 bowlers if we were to challenge the top teams. So, the question of us doing well really depends upon the bowling department, namely the pace bowling department. Hopefully, we have Taskin ready in time. Otherwise, it's gonna be a hard hard tournament for us. Ps: I wouldn't go with 3 spinners, that will be suicidal in a t20 match. Think selectors think!

Receipe for success:

1. Keep Zia in the squad.
2. Include Shabbir instead of anyone. Have to have include him.
3. Look for 2 of the best containment/wicket taking bowlers upfront.
4. Get Taskin ready in time.
5. Focus on the bowling a lot!!! That is the weak link, that is the part that's gonna make us lose matches. Get good bowlers in the team and get them fast.