View Single Post
Old February 23, 2013, 05:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Little bit on David Dwyer-

Quote:
Dwyer, who is from Sydney, has been a popular member of Pakistan's support staff and has become very close to most of the players in the side. "I have simply decided to move back to Sydney after two and half great years with the team purely for personal reasons," Dwyer told Cricinfo.

"It was a very difficult decision to make because I can see that we have made very good physical improvements in all of the players over the course of my time with the team," Dwyer said. "Most importantly the friendships that I made with the coaches, players and all of those involved with the team."

Dwyer's contribution is widely hailed within Pakistan's set-up; a number of players have spoken of the benefits he brought to them and former captain Younis Khan, in particular, has benefitted in terms of his fitness and diet.

Dwyer came to the Pakistan set-up with former coach Geoff Lawson in 2007 on a two-year contract and stayed on for over a year after Lawson was removed late in 2008. It was believed at the time that Younis and other members of the side were key in having him stay on. Dwyer's background is in rugby - he played club rugby and his uncle Bob has coached the Australian rugby team.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ausvpak0...ry/446496.html