View Single Post
Old May 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Default Would you move back to Bangladesh?

Most of us are expats here and I can see some of us have relocated back to the country. While most of us migrated out to get out of the grim reality of our country and make proper bucks overseas, I am curious to know how many of us would actually turn back.

I knew this guy who came here with his brother. They both applied for political asylum by making bull-crap stories, which meant that they can stay here, but as soon as they go back its impossible for them to come back to Australia. Unless the guy fakes a new passport etc which is another 10 tonnes worth of hassle. The guy went back for some reason and now can't take it any more, but his way back to Sydney is sealed. Mind you they lived here for almost 8 years.

Fortunately most of us here migrate properly so the road back to overseas is always open. While there is pros and cons of going back, would you actually go back? For me its a big NO. I will be more than happy to visit as many times my wallet allows me, but wouldn't return unless there was a holocaust going on here.