View Single Post
Old February 25, 2023, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Tamim and Shakib Rift

Quote:
It is an open secret that there is a rift between Shakib and Tamim and there is speculation that they are not on talking terms and just have a relationship for the sake of professionalism. Do you feel it can be sorted and do you feel this is a healthy dressing room?

This is not a healthy dressing room, this I can guarantee you. This thing (rift between Shakib and Tamim), it's not that I have not tried to sort it out. I have spoken with both of them and I felt that it is not easy to settle the issues (between them) at the moment. This is my observation. Both of them have been given one message - we don't know what is going on between you, but during a game or series that you are playing, these differences cannot come out. Both of them assured that it won't be there during the game.

There is grouping as well in the national team as certain players belong to certain quarters?

The biggest problem for Bangladesh cricket at the moment is this grouping and that is the reality. I don't have a problem with anything else. I am only scared about this grouping and I only came to know about it in recent times. Even in the World Cup, what I have seen and heard despite not staying in their hotel... I cannot believe how it is possible. We have to put an end to it if we want to see a good future because one thing everyone needs to understand is that there is no scope for grouping.

Even if you put an end to grouping, doesn't it look poor when two players are not in talking terms?

They (Shakib and Tamim) have to talk on the field and in the dressing room as well. The atmosphere of the dressing room was bad too but it improved a bit. From this series (upcoming home series against England) I want to change it (their relationship) in the dressing room at least. What they do outside is not a concern for me.
BCB Prez did an interview with Cricbuzz and addressed a few questions about the Coaches and Dressing Room

Link - https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/...im-in-the-team

Not surprised to learn the men's team has cliques and they act like school age boys.