View Single Post
Old May 31, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I'm really happy to see that they selected Junaid and Ziaur ahead of Imrul and Jahurul. It shows that they selected them based on the format and those 2 are obviously better T20 batsmen. Junaid and Ziaur will most probably fight for the opener's spot. Junaid should be the favorite to get the job opening with Tamim.

I had a feeling that they would select Ash and to be fair, he was one of the best BD batsmen in the BPL. Also his Eid innings in T20 cricket is a lot more valuable then ODI's and Tests since it's hit and miss. So it's understandable as to why they've picked him. That being said though, I would have rather picked Mominul since he's a prospect for all forms of the game and I feel his place in the team is overdue. It looks as though Ash and Anamul will fight it out for the #3 spot. Will be interesting to see who gets it.

As for the bowling, it's obvious to see that Shafiul's still not ready. It's good to see that they've put Abul in. He's 1 of the few pacers in the country who can hit 140 kph. It should be good to see how he does. I felt that we should've tried out Alauddin Babu out rather then Farhad Reza. He's supposed to be a better batsman and bowler then him. I think they left Babu out because they didn't want 2 debutant pacers. Farhad Reza is not a bad option though.

All in all, I'm happy with the squad. Congrats to the players who are getting debuts and making comebacks. Wish them all the best.