View Single Post
Old June 7, 2005, 08:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
Edited on, June 6, 2005, 7:18 PM GMT, by rob22888.
Thanks for letting us know but i doubt Piterssen played less odi than Mortoza and Flintoff's not passing 96.41 is it ? I would love to see Piterssen having the same strike rate after playing that many odi's what Mortoza played ...... [/quote]

You can't compare Mashrafee with Pitersen and Flintoff! Pietersen is a great batsman and will be better; Flintoff is an awsome allrounder with great ability of hitting boundries. Mashrafee Mortuza is not even considered as an allrounder. His batting technique is terrible and he slogs. Some say that Mortuza can be an allrounder if he works on his batting. The thing is, he is a bowler and the best bowler fast bowler BD have had by far. If you compare him to other world class bowler (McGrath, Pollack, Streak, Harmission etc), he is not considered as a top calss bowler.
So I say forget about batting now, let this guy be a better bowler than he is and than he can work on being an allrounder. One thing for sure he will not be the next Jacques Kallis or Courtney Walsh.