Thread: 5 years time
View Single Post
Old June 7, 2012, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
The truth is, ranking doesn't really mean much in ODI cricket, I believe the top 7 teams are all well capable to beating each other. So I would like to see Bangladesh in a position, where the Australian captain would have to really think how to win against Bangladesh and the dressing room will have a serious mood when they are facing Bangladesh. Basically, I want Bangladesh to be more than a respectable team, rather a true force in ODIs in 5 years.

However, unless we unearth any decent pacers in the next 2-3 years, I don't see us breaking the top in test matches. We still have a long, long way to go, and as I said, unless we can improve our bowling resources, we will be lagging behind even West Indies.
We need good pace bowlers, Mortaza could have been World class in test without the injuries, I honestly feel One good seam bowler will start the flow of BD producing pace bowlers, Young plaers mostly look up to rafique, now will look up to shakib - so most likely another group of decent Left arm spinners going to come along.

In test I feel that we can be in a position where people say we can win if we play well and others play poorly - a bit like ODI's now, Currently in test We can play our best Test cricket and Opposition can play there worst and even then it would be only close and we probably won't win.