View Single Post
Old February 1, 2011, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Been a great fan of Ian Pont from a long time. There was a lot said and I have followed every thread on Indiancricketfans.com and pakpassion. Let me share something about my belief in fast bowling which has changed after I have seen his interviews, fast is not only about that inherent talent, it is something that if taught properly can be mastered by anyone who is willing to work hard.

My question is
1) I personally believe that a slingshot action where can generate more pace than a regular round arm action. Can you shed more light on your opinion about this? I remember how you had mentioned how Javelin throwing can be used as an example to bowl fast.

2) In Bangladesh, it is a normal thing to discourage pace bowling. Captains would not give bowl to the bowlers who stray a bit in line to achieve more pace. There is a world of difference in the words said and the frustrations shown when a fast bowler gives a wide compared to a spinner. I genuinely think that this culture has to stop in Bangladesh, what is your take on this? Aren't we taking out the natural aggression of fast bowlers in Bangladesh by asking them to only focus on line and length?

Thanks Ian, and what a pleasure to finally write to you in our forum not the indian and pakistani forums.