View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Yeah I think Sohel's being incredibly harsh on Omi. Whether he *will* be successful or not is a whole different topic, but he *can* do it. Even his 40 odd vs Eng in Bristol was fine, looked fairly comfortable. I wouldn't group him with Nazim or Rock surely.
We actually shouldn't group Rock with Jahurul or Nazim. At one time, Rock was a regular for our team for quite a while. Of course it was longer than it should have been but Rock made an instant impact with his 50's against the likes of India and South Africa. In 2008 and 2009 he was one of our most reliable batsmen. Unfortunately he went downwards after and now is completely out of the picture but at least at one point in his career he was a regular. Jahurul has yet to even establish that yet in his chances with the national team.

I also believe Jahurul can succeed at this level. Our players problems are not the ability but the mental attitude. They often lose confidence once going up against stronger competition and fall away despite having ability. That's the real question we have to bring up with Marshal. Does he have the right attitude to be successful in international cricket? If he does, then I don't see why he can't succeed.