View Single Post
Old November 9, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
The national team has been a babysitting centre for many years. This trend is not changing anytime soon bro..

. We have seen many "talents" have been hastily injected there over the years and after a bad series or two many were discarded. I don't want Abul to have the same fate..He is not ready, no doubt. But I want people to encourage him. It's not his fault that he is where he is now.

I personally have soft corner for guys who bowl fast. So maybe that's why I am not seeing what you are seeing. But these harsh criticism from fans need to stop. Let him gain some national team experience thanx to Akram and then condemn him if he fails.

I dont think he is playing. He'll be busy carrying drinks. So no need to worry
Great post Roman bhai. I'm happy that you stood up for Abul. Coaches Jurgenson and Law really praised them highly so there's obviously something they're seeing which we aren't yet. He's a young guy and it's no point of really trashing him just because he got smashed in some T20's which happens to many good bowlers.

Plus it's not like we are leaving Brett Lee's and Curtly Ambrose's at home. We just have to face the facts here, our pace situation is in a sorry situation which is why we're seeing a 17 year old Taskin already being very close to being in the national team. We desperately need to open a pace academy so we can develop better pacers and we won't have to throw such young pacers in to the fire.