View Single Post
Old May 30, 2005, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

If there is a S-Video output on the laptop then you'll be able to see it on TV. Just make sure it is an output, not an input

Depending on individual cards / OS / TV's, the details might differ a little. If anyone still has issues after trying the following, pls U2U me. I might be able to help unless it is beyond my knowledge realm (which is not much to start with).

First try the simplest way - Hook up all the cables from laptop to TV while both are OFF. Then turn TV ON first. Then turn ON the laptop. You should see the laptop's desktop on TV. The powering sequence is crucial.

If this doesn't work, try this -
right click on your desktop and select "properties". When the display menu comes up, go to "settings" tab and click on "Advanced" button. Another window should come up. This new window will have multiple panes like "general", "Color", "Displays" etc. Go to the "Displays" pane. You should see three or four sub-panes like "Monitor", "TV", "Panel" etc. The TV sub-pane will have a On/Off button. If the button is disabled, close all the display related windows, turn the TV On and then repeat the whole process up to this point. The On/Off button should be active now. Click it On (should be red). There should be two other smaller buttons on the "TV" sub-pane, one with a logo of multiple squares on top of each other, and the other with concentric circles. Press the concentric circle button. Then press okay to get out of the display windows. At this point you should see your laptop screen on TV monitor.