Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Disagree

Zaheer has had a better WC than Malinga
Murali ahead of Harbhajan
Yuvraj in this tournament equal of Mendis
Ashwin equal of Herath
Matthews slightly ahead of Nehra/Patel

I actually think the bowling lineups are neck and neck, especially with the pitch that will be prepared.

In terms of batting

SL strength is with

Tharanga
Dilshan
Jaya
Sanga

the rest have been a real disappointment, with matthews being the exception.

As for India

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj

Have been in good form, with Kohli in the last couple of match and Dhoni struggling.

So this really is anyones match, but playing at home, India slight favourites in my books.
If you just count the number of wickets each bowler has taken and rank them then even Dilshan is neck to neck with Harbajan Singh. Sure Zaheer Khan is statistically better than Malinga but you also have to look at crucial spells. Malinga in the semi finals was 3/55 in 9 overs. You might say he was expensive but you have to look at his third spell to realize that he's the one who triggered the NZ collapse at the end.

Yuvraj Singh is having a good run these days. Indians are exceptional against spin but Sri Lankans are also very good players of spin. Yuvraj might've picked crucial wickets but he's not consistent. At the end of the day, his bowling average is still 37. So will Yuvraj's bowling really work in the final?

And for it all to work, you have to look at how well do bowlers compliment each other. For that you have to look at how many runs each team conceded thus far. India let Bangladesh score 283 and England score 338 on them. Both were batting second under lights. It was a while ago and they might've gotten better, but we'll have to wait and see. All I'm saying is you can't compare bowlers or bowling units based upon the number of wickets they have taken.

Mendis's job is to be accurate and economical. Which he has done so far with an economy rate of 19, so I think he will probably play the final.