View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Did you missed my previous post? it is to accommodate the those who want to watch all the matches, I am a CSK supporter, I go to stadium to watch home matches but I also like couple of other players from other teams(like Gayle, Kholi etc), would love to watch them play. So I like IPL scheduling.
(I didn't miss your post. That was a reply to you.)

I wonder how other people in the world is able to watch other sports with 20+ games running at once. Obviously it works. Great, you like IPL scheduling, and I don't. Why can't you accept that? Why what I have to say should bother you? Like I've already said, it's my two cents. It's like no one's ever allowed to say anything negative about it? Is it spotless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Its obvious you're trying to provoke but I am not going to compare any two leagues to prove IPL is better. You've no idea about the rivalry between CSK and MI, I am gonna take your views as that of frog in the well. If you choose to concentrate on the few mins a celebrity being shown instead of the match then the problem is with you, your ignorance can't be equal to fact. Scheduling takes Indian public in to account as they are the main audience for IPL.

Look guys it's simple, if you don't like IPL ignore/skip it, no-one is compelling you to watch but please don't discredit it as it will open flood gates for some of your counterparts, in India, to do the same against BPL and that is not good for both countries, I think.
Yea, I'm sure there is big "rivalry," when everyone in the country loves Sachin regardless of teams, and has to follow ball/ball of every game of every team. You don't have a rivalry. What you have is a fun little party that goes on too long into the night and annoys those of us who wants to sleep.

Few mins of celebrity? Every time I watched a Shakib game, my monitor was filled by a SRK every 2 min. I'm not even exaggerating a bit! I'm not the one making the matches a 2nd feature, that's how it is. Cricket comes 2nd to gimmicks in the IPL and you cannot deny that. That's how it's been, which is why it's a turn off.

And don't worry, I ignore it at every cause. But me and including others are going to be upset when it gets stuffed down the throat for next 2-3 months. And I don't even live anywhere near Indian media. Hence my comment about slow schedules. Big Bash, BPL etc leagues ran and finished and I didn't even notice it. If I wanted to check I was able to w/o being overwhelmed. And opening up floodgates for other BS leagues like BPL, SPL is not a credibility.

Look man, I'm not provoking anything. Lets not turn it into a typical "Pro-Against IPL" argument that's been going on for 5-6 years now. I have seen enough of those. I'm not going to get sucked into yet another one those. That's not what this is about. You say you like it. Great. I'm saying schedule is slow and it shouldn't drag like a turtle.

Main point: There is something wrong with the schedule when a 10 team league runs for that long compared to the likes of 30+ team leagues.

Enjoy.