View Single Post
Old May 2, 2012, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Heh heh, Mohammed Ali played for us (Willes) and he was literally a man among boys (keeper couldn't take anything bowled with a full run-up. Ah the good ole days when Opee was ripping his offies and scoring 50s for giggles.
Good ole days indeed…
I played Nirman School cricket when I was in the tenth grade. It was my first year of playing cricket with hard ball. We had a club with students of our school, Banani Bidyaniketon (Bobby as we call it), and most of us were in the same grade with a couple of players that were older than us. We played Nirman School under a different school (not going to name them here); not a single player was from that school. Being a new English medium school they sponsored us to make their names out there. But unfortunately in the 2nd year, we, well the school we played under, got banned because my opening bowling partner bounced and hit opponent batsman on the head who started bleeding. Thank god he was ok but later there was an investigation (as one of the umpires recognized my friend from 2nd division cricket) which resulted in a five year ban for my friend and a ten year ban for the school to play in Nirman School.

And I do remember Opee, he was a pro in Nirman School by virtue of several years of experience playing in an age restrictive tournament.