Old May 7, 2012, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
yes, you are absolutely right.

Brother Purbasha,

What I am trying to say is:

of course, you can! No one is forcing you to do (or not do) anything. I am not responsible for your deeds. What my point is that, any deed that is done not for the sake of Allah, don't expect any reward from him; or if you do anything that is not from Islam and doesn't contradict Islam, you can still do(Who am I to tell you what to do and not do or how to live your life, I can only advise and after you listen to my advice it is up to your discretion) as long as you don't promote it as "Islam"...that's all I am trying to say.
I should've phrased my question correctly, ''is that still Qur'anically wrong?'' Surely there may be a thing or two I can learn from people who're inspired by other books which may've been from Allah originally! And about promoting it as Islam: here we come to discussing how we define Islam, which I think we should put a halt to for now.

Quote:
About your latter point, there are verses that calls us to obey his commands in the general sense! This is why it is good to read the tafsir because then we know when exactly the Verse was revealed, and the to whom the verse applies to and how is it relevant to us today? There are many verses in the Qur'an Allah talks to the Disbeliever! There are many verses in the Qur'an Allah talks to the people of the book. There are many verses in the Qur'an where Allah talks directly to the Prophet!
There are many verses in the Qur'an where Allah talks directly to the Believers. There are many verses addressing the HumanKind(The verse I quoted started off with Ya Ayyuhallazina Amanu...OH You who Believe!) You don't get any of that when you just read the translation and just by that it is open to your interpretation and understanding which may or may not be correct as we are human.
I may have to come back later on this one. Your style!

Quote:
Forgive me if i come off as condescending, because I am learning each and every single day and I am not posting to hurt you or anyone else's feelings.

Salaam, Rifat
No way, if our sole intention is to learn rather than to boost our ego, then just because a point of ours is refuted, it shouldn't in any way hurt us. If it does, we shouldn't be here in the first place.

Walaikum Salam, Purbasha (err.. that's not my name actually, I think it's time I change it to my original ).