View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Suza Vai, In this series Mushy has dropped some chance but have you noticed how much has he improved as a keeper? In last 2 years he has improved his keeping a lot. I have seen Mithun, Anamul and Dhiman keeping. None of them are better than Mushy with the gloves. So your thinking will not be fruitful.
I totally agree....Mushy's keeping has improved, at least in this series, by leaps and bound. Yes, he dropped 2 catches and missed a stumping yesterday none of which was easy. In fact catching those, standing up, of medium pacers like Zia is very difficult. His plan was to keep Samuels in the crease and he clearly did that which is why Zia's stat looks so good but it's always a risk when you stand close.

I also think a keeper has the best view of the field and the best opportunity to observe the oppositions batsmen from closest proximity. I do not believe his captaincy will be better without it. He did make some mistakes but he also made hell lot of good ones too which lean more toward him being the best captain we can have at the moment.