View Single Post
Old February 23, 2020, 09:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Litton is certainly a risk taker but the reality is he has only caused us far more trouble than won us games. I mean how different is he from Ashraful tho.
Yes, in a way he's modern equivalent of Ashraful, except that Ashraful didn't have a clearly defined role. Ash was expected to play both aggressor and accumulator role based on match situation - the poor guy was rarely ever up to the task, and most of the time lived in a state of confusion.

Don't see anything wrong if we want him to be improved version of Ashraful, with a clearly defined role. The potential is clearly there, as you yourself have admitted. As I have pointed so many times already, his stats are ok given he has not really played tons of matches (unlike Ashraful) yet.

I don't see him as the root cause of our trouble, but not finding a good combination to work with him. Our idiot management can't get rid of Tamim from T20I, who does not rotate with his partners well. In ODI, namely during WC'19, Riyad became a huge hindrance for us to chase big targets, with added complication of not finding a proper solution for #7 slot.

Domingo first needs to solve those other issues first, Liton is least of his problems right now. He has the giant challenges of replacing Tamim (LOI) and Riyad (all formats) before he can nail down any combination.