View Single Post
Old March 24, 2012, 06:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'm glad he was in the dressing room for the best 4 match stretch our team has had (I rank this higher than the NZ 4-0). His tears at the end of the loss, despite that he didnt contribute at all to any wins or losses showed that he has been inducted into the team in soul and spirit.

Nazimuddin or whoever would have played deserved their chances. I'm glad everyone got a chance to prove himself, with only Riyad being successful. OK, maybe Jahirul deserves another chance at #3 before Ash gets recalled (you know its only a matter of time...I hope he finally is ready). But its time for Anamul to partner with Tamim at the top.

Eventually I hope Anamul, Asif, and Mominul will form the bedrock of a solid and balanced top/middle order with Tamim, Mushy, and Shakib + Nasir.
i don't mean to sound harsh towards ashraful but the team has clearly performed better and had a better attitude without him in the team/squad. i don't know if it's coincidence or whether ash just has a big influence on the team but the performance and attitude of the team nowadays speaks for itself.

i would prefer it if hom was to get a recall before ash did, or even asif or mominul, even naeem. but we need to select carefully right now. the team has a great attitude, we don't want to insert anyone who will put a negative impact on them so we need to pick players who perform and have the right attitude. anamul seems to be that, i'm not sure the attitudes of hom, mominul or asif but i think they are our big batting prospects so whoever has the best attitude out of those guys would be a good selection imo.

although i am swayed to give jahurul another series at #3, he did ok, showed promise but the next series is a make or break for him. a good series and he gets a long term spot and poor one and he's out for awhile.