View Single Post
Old September 19, 2002, 05:24 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Not a bad game

Just the worst performance ever for Bangladesh against Australia within the last 12 years since 1990.

Overnight rain had nothing to do with the first four batsman getting out.

Al Shahriar was out lbw - as I had observed him to get out in leg before decisions - he tends to get out in this fashion in one day international games more often than not. And it also has nothing to do with the bowler bowling a good ball.

Habibul Bashar ended up playing a bad shot - as did Javed Omar.

I am surprised that no one at the top - neither of the above three batsman had talked with Mazharul Haque and asked him what he would do if he faces a short ball. It seems that Mazharul has not faced too many short balls in his life to avoid a short ball. But all the other balls that he played - he seemed like a younger version of Akram Khan - not just the way he looks, but also the way he batted for his short stay of 18 balls.

If this goes on, that we perform like this right after beating Holland, then I would like us to lose against teams like Canada and Kenya in the world cup. Then at least, we would perform much better against the test playing teams.