View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 10:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
we follow that characteristic of his, we'd surely get rewards but not for the sole reason it was from the Rasool, but because it is a good deed in itself.

May Allah forgive the errors I or any of us have made in portraying our views. Ameen.
Purbasha,

I am sorry, I would disagree with this statement. With this assumption, you are not really following the messenger(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) are you? using this reasoning, we can follow anything from Buddhism, Christianity. Hinduism. Taoism...all I am saying is: Why do i care? Why I am telling you this? because now the action or your good deed is not for Allah, so it may be that you will not be rewarded for your action based on this intention. It is not befitting to let our efforts go to waste? is it?

Perhaps the issue would be crystal clear if we exactly examine and verify the authentic chain of the ahadiths! this is a whole science in and of itself. BanCricFan bro mashAllah(may Allah truly bless him and grant him true success and happiness both in this life and the hereafter) posted it earlier in another thread, I will just dig it up and repost inshaAllah! Clearly, during the lifetime of Prophet Mohammad(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) he was the commander of the army, many "believers" disobeyed his commands and were labeled as hypocrites(Allah sent him letting him know who exactly were the Hypocrites but not revealing names in the public, but they were later exposed...and his closest companions knew too) the battle of Uhud is a perfect example of this. my point is even though We do not regard Ahadith as highly as the Qur'an, we do not reject them. This is stated many times in the Qur'an that whenever Prophet Mohammad(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) speaks, we should not raise our voice or object to it. the following verse is just one instance of it. as Electrequiem bro many times pointed out, that Islam is a timeless religion MashAllah brother. I wholeheartedly concur with this notion! so if this command was applicable during the lifetime of the Prophet(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) then why can't it be applicable now? He passed away but his legacy, character, example, advice still lives on.

Quote:
Sahih International
O you who have believed, do not raise your voices above the voice of the Prophet or be loud to him in speech like the loudness of some of you to others, lest your deeds become worthless while you perceive not.

Muhsin Khan
O you who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet (SAW), nor speak aloud to him in talk as you speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds may be rendered fruitless while you perceive not.

Pickthall
O ye who believe! Lift not up your voices above the voice of the Prophet, nor shout when speaking to him as ye shout one to another, lest your works be rendered vain while ye perceive not.
Surah Hujurat, ayah 2(Chapter 49, verse 2)