View Single Post
Old March 4, 2012, 03:51 AM
National Bowling Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Welcome Coach. Here are few ques for you --

1. What is the current state of our national team's pace department? What are the strengths and weaknesses that you have noticed so far?

2. How are you working on the weaknesses? The quality has not improved and in fact in few occasions looks to be deteriorating. What do you think is the reason for this?

3. Who are the most promising pacers in the domestic circuit [excluding national team pacers]?

4. Lately, many countries are trying to debut new pacers.. such as Aus (Pattinson, Starc, McKay), Pak (Junaid Khan, Aizaz Cheema), Ind (Umesh Yadav, Vinay Kumar), Eng (Dernbach), SA (Juan Theron, Ryan McLaren) and few more.
Our last debubant in pace department was atleast 1-2 years ago. Don't you think it's time to draft new blood?

5. Do you think the slow pitches discourages the growth of fast bowlers? But in BPL, we say raw pace of Mohammed Sami proved to be effective in these very same pitches.
Hi there
Here are a couple of answers to your questions:
Question 1 and 5.
So far during my time I have been extremely impressed with the quality of pace bowling in Bangladesh. Their individual skills match any bowler in the world and as an overall pace attack the guys all have subtle variations of their skills. Our areas to work on are based around confidence and experience to perform on the international stage. With more experience with international cricket and/or overseas experience and further encouragement from all areas this would certainly help the long term development and depth of our pace bowling stocks.

Question 2.
For me we just need a group of bowlers being consistent, accurate and aggressive and that is what I am looking to do. If we have 5 to 6 bowlers creating pressure everyday T20, for 50 overs in an ODI and for every session of a Test Match we then an put ourselves in a position to win games. That is my goal for the Bangladesh National Team.

Question 3.
Sorry but at the moment I can not answer this questions but will be very soon once I have seen more domestic cricket.

Question 4.
Depth of a bowling group is vital. From my experience with NZ competition in the squad can not only lift the bowling group to another level but also help in so many areas to push the overall team to potentially another level.