View Single Post
Old September 6, 2010, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
ohhh man.. these are occassions i really wish i could read bangla. If any1 has like 20/30 hours to spend could they please translate this article in english. Would be much appreciated.
Haha, wouldn't take 20-30 hours loll!! But here's Ashraful's bit.
Quote:
That love of the early days

Mohammed Ashraful

Favourite: Sachin Tendulkar

Why favourite: Why Sachin is so popular among our generation, I believe that needs no explanation. We grew up watching him play, still learning from his game. A man who’s ruling the world for 20 years, what else do you need (to become a fan of his)! But I think me being his fan was due to him being short in size, just like me. Ha ha..

First meeting: At 1998. He came to Dhaka to take part in the Mini World Cup. I was a bellboy then. He was then like an extraterrestrial being to me. The memories of standing near him and taking pictures with him will be with me all my life.

How things are now: Since I’ve started playing for the National team, I have had a very good relationship with Sachin. It was since 2005. He came to visit my place as well in the last tour. For some reason, he likes my batting. He talks about batting a lot. Always positive, is this man. Hardly will you hear anything negative from him.
Guys, add on to it.