View Single Post
Old July 10, 2006, 07:57 AM
Test Cricketer

I personally think, religion is totally a personal matter. And. a religion is simply can not be an identity, clear and loud. If I were to support the idea of muslim being the identity about me, then, I have to say that, I would have to acknowledge the theology of Allama Iqbal or Maududi from Pakistan that Muslim are differnt race/nation/ etce tc. This is definitely not the ideology I believe. So for me, religion means nothing.. simply nothing to have any impact on the national or gloabal issues. Its the person himself who does this wonderful things for the mankind. Zidance would still be Zidane if he were the followers from any other religion. He would have stil won the world cup in 98 and would still have taken this french team to the final of this world cup. He would have still had that headbut and got sent off. So, this plain rubbish to glorify someone onthe basis of relligion. Humanity is much more above the cornered idea of raligional expressions. THats completely a personal affair and really should be kept like that. Zidane and all others mentioned here , should only be praised because of what had they achieved in life and how much did they contribute to ppl and the society , not because, what religion do they follow.

On 2nd note, i just want to mention that, being a muslim and being a national from some country arent the same. Muslim isnt the identiy, where as, nationality clearly describes a persona completely. So, if a Bangladeshi does someting great, surely, we can be proud of that and cen take inspiration from him. But, seeing some doing something great , it doesnt make any sense to be proud of him just because , I may believie in the same religion as his. Ppl should be judged with their deeds, not with their personal affairs specialyl with religion.

Please.. open your minds friends.