View Single Post
Old May 1, 2010, 10:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Just trying to present my ideas with your analysis.

We are playing against Australia and we need to beat them to have any chance in the WC. As we are around with players like Mushfiq, Nayeem, Imrul, Zahurul, Riyad who are not T20 material, a total team effort cannot win us the match. Only a magic-innings/magic spell can achieve this. Having that in mind -

Tamim
Aftab (Lets just hope, though he is hopeless at the moment)
Ashraful
Nayeem
Sakib
Riyad
Mushfiq (I can't hide him, can we drop the VC?)
Mashrafee
Shuvo (Spin is the way to go against Aussies)
Shafiul
Razzak (again, strategy is the spin)

This can take us to 0/3, still we have to take the chances. Other better combination can only provide us "Sommanjonok Porajoy", which is no use at the moment.
It would be very unlikely if this team plays because this is basically the same team that lost today where most bowlers didnt click. I Have a feeling they'll most certainly change the bowling attack. At the moment i think you got a point of playing with a strategy, atleast you have it in mind that spin might do the trick. bringing in Rasel Rubel and with ordinary seam bowling wont cause **** with The Aussies. SO think its not a bad idea at all.

Back to this lineup, how about switching Aftab and Mushfiqs place ? you need a batsman down the order who is a hard hitter and on the top order we already have tamim who alone is capable of steering the ship and requires a stable batsman to just give him the strike ? and mind you first six over we have powerplay, so if only mushfiq and clear the infiled, even he can get some boundaries.