View Single Post
Old November 25, 2014, 08:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

jadukor you have a point when you say some of those la liga teams are ordinary. But like BCF bhai says every league in the world has handful of clubs that usually dominate that particular league.

Just because you recognize all the teams in english premiere league and of their "equal competitiveness" do not make it the best, Dont let the british media fool you. I think all those teams are equally ordinary.

Bangladesh at one point had great clubs like mohamedan, abahoni, kolabagan etc and they were competitive in that league.... and they had a massive following.... but that alone wouldnt make them a better league than lets say a japanese one.... i think EPL has that.. great following great rivalry... and buch of great loud mouths... i think those put together sometimes can skew ones judgement.

Maybe you can argue somewhat German league is slightly better... maybe.

Anyways , regarding quality of defense comment i think is a very poor argument... it is extremely difficult to dribble your way out just by putting extra bodies around a player and good players usually get those extra bodies which opens up other players for great assist in goals... what exceptional about both messi and maradona is despite 3 or 4 players huddling around them, they can get out of those tight situation and either make a goal themselves or assist and as a defender you dont know what they gonna do...

and i feel watching these two great, messi' dribbling ability is slighty better and he is able to create that confusion even in the best defense.... Maradona was certainly the best in his time and to this day among ppl who fell in love with him but many people focus a lot on results than the ability itself.... his era was special... all of a sudden everyone had tv and they were watching live football that creates an awe moment ...

these days youtube is there all the clips are there and eventhough it is difficult to compare greats of different era, it is still somewhat possible to judge lets say who is better at free kicks eventhough they might not have ever played in same era..

just my opinion.