View Single Post
Old January 14, 2010, 10:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
http://www.ioinformatics.org/index.shtml
Thanks for the response sir....although it was half in jest. But the following isn't:

I am planning to find my ancestry as far back as possible to see if there are any "cool" people who are my forefathers like flirtmachine Casanova, Cleopatra the slut, Caesar, Dedekind, butcher Tamerlane, Marquis de Sade....well you get the gist.

I already went to ancestry.com and other related sites. My questions are:

• Has anyone used any time of ancestry search programs/sites/institutions esp. in Bangladesh to locate their heritage?
  • Will it be beneficial for me pay them? Because when I searched the answers are not that promising and it seems weird that all my dead ancestors from BD will have their records in their site. These sites are mainly for Western people whose records are easier to sort out.
  • So what would be my best bet? I know there is a Bangladeshi org. but not sure if anyone used any service from them. Also, the question of reliability.
  • Can BC come into help? For starters, billah bhai has a common surname with my ancestors but I doubt his anti-beat boxing gene is sth. I share. j/k

Any help to get my started yielding healthy percentage of fruitful result would be deeply appreciated. Who knows may be I will even open a thread if I am successful at tracing back my family tree as far as 15th century to share my joy!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles