View Single Post
Old November 4, 2002, 01:50 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Need to have a talk

Not me, but our managers with our batsmen. Have them sit infront of the TV and a take heart from both Tendulkar and Laxman. Granted that Tendu and Lax are in a whole diff level but even so, Tendu played 296 balls (that's 50 overs folks) and Laxman played a whopping 396 balls (66 overs) to save his match. That's pretty much the amount of overs our two innings last in any test.

In those 396 balls, Laxman scored only (yes only) 154 runs. Those who know him know that this guys likes to play his shots but he held back until he reached his 100. That's what our batsmen need to learn. instead of going after everything that moves (or doesn't), take your time to settle down (Golla's been the best but then all the 'talk' about how 'slow' he is probably got to him and he kinda lost his way, I think he is trying to go back to his original cricket) specially since we are out there to learn, not to prove ourselves. This reminds of of Ash. No matter how many balls he wastes, I think the coaches need to allow the kid to play against West Indies. he should have been picked for SA but our selectors have a thing about 'sticking' to their team selection and for some unknown reason can not add a player if he happens to play well 'after' they have named the team (Ash's last innings against SA).

Anyways, I was looking forward to the WI tour up until the last test. Now, i am worried.