View Single Post
Old June 18, 2014, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Definitely the odds of the Socceroos defeating Netherlands are stacked against the Socceroos. But the last match the Socceroos showed that they are capable of. Sometimes even though your team does not have the quality, you as a fan just need to believe. All the Socceroos fans want is the players to play with a lot of heart and give it everything they got. We as fans just want to see a never give up attitude. I want to see the effort from the boys and you never know a win or a draw might happen. Stranger things have happened in football. After all apparently the Netherlands have never beaten the Socceroos. So the luck may just sway towards Australia tonight.
i knew it. I ****ing i knew we would get so close. Im proud of the Aussie boys. They have played their hearts out and have pretty much outplayed a world class team (who just beat world champions Spain 5-1) for majority of the match. Tim Cahill was already a Socceroo legend before the World Cup but now he legendary status will be raised to another level. That goal he produced in a clutch moment was nothing short of spectacular. Mathew Leckie has been instrumental and will surely attract offers from big clubs because his manager Vince Grella said he received calls for Leckie after the Chile match. Despite the obvious lack in world class players Australia were still able to tactically get it right and play well as a team. But at the end of the day it was Netherlands individual quality players who won it for them. But in saying that before the World Cup people predicted Australia would not be able to score a single goal in the world cup. And the last 2 games Australia really deserved at least a draw in both games but it was unfortunate that it didn't pan out like that. However im very happy with our performances and i hope we can perform this well against Spain.