View Single Post
Old January 29, 2013, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Well said Jadukor. Just hope we dont muck up with Saqlain. We could also do with a specialized batting coach. Note how well Tamim did under Siddons, and not a couple of weeks after that started playing poorly in batting friendly wickets.

I still feel BCB is barking up the wrong tree. We dont need a big name high profile coach. To BCB and a lot of us fans we want big name people- Tom Moody, John Wright, Bucanan, Lehmann, Wasim Akram, Steve Waugh. Even our ex president wanted Ganguly. We need to be realistic in our expectations. We need to revaluate our definition of a good coach. If i brought up the name of a Sri Lankan coach by the name Chandika Haturasinghe most of you would have negative associations. But he is currently the head coach of New South Wales. There are plenty of coaches like these who are not exactly high profile but can do a good job for us. Geoff Marsh, John Dyson are two veteran coaches with so much of experience. I never see their names pop up. The late Eddie Barlow was not exactly a high profile coach, but our then president knew his ability and had the vision of bringing him on. Look at the development he did in a short period of time.