View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 01:14 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Just look at each board's budget to draw your own conclusions:

From news reports, Pakistan announced a 700M Rupees deficit budget for this year. The deficit was 1B the year before.

Income and revenue has not been disclosed. The last known revenue for OCB was 2.6B rupees for the year 2010. As there has been deficits since then, I am assuming the revenue is less for the current fiscal year. I will assume 2B rupees.

The corresponding numbers for BCB are publicly available.

Revenue of $1.2B takas with a surplus of about 47 million takas.

While the inferred revenue for PCB is higher than that of the BCB, the PCB is cash negative and in debt while the BCB is cash positive.

Draw your own conclusions.
Well the thing is look at that deficit reduction, they cut their deficit by more than half + I dont know about Bangladesh but they PCB is investing in two new stadiums, more cricket zones and with zero cricket and the usual embezzlement here and there I'd take 700 mill deficit happily. Plus we dont have a cash cow in terms of a premier league or play at home so i think those figures make a lot of sense.

Overall BCB is in a much better shape financially courtesy WC2011, Asia Cup. BPL is a whole different story as its budget is likey to be many times more than even BCB's own budget i suppose.

Conclusion: You guys have more money to spend and less people and facilities to spend it on.We have less money to spend, but we are looking at spending more than we have in our infrastructure so thus the deficit.